With first time home buyer grants or assistance programs, your dream of owning a home can become a reality.
Please note that some down payment assistance programs are open to both first-time and non first-time home buyers, provided they have not owned a home within a specific timeframe.
Here is a list of local assistance programs that maybe available to DFW residents:
Our SETH 5 Star Texas Advantage Program provides a Grant of up to 6% for homebuyers. You do not need to be a First Time Homebuyer to use this program. This program is available for the entire State of Texas with the exception of the cities of El Paso, Grand Prairie, and Travis County.
My First Texas Home Mortgage loans - at 30-year, fixed interest rates and down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program Tax credits up to $2,000 per year based on the annual interest paid on a mortgage loan.
- Homebuyers may combine TDHCA programs for maximum benefit!
- TDHCA’s programs are available statewide.
- The first time homebuyer requirement is waived for veterans.
- Households who have not owned a home in the previous three years may qualify.
- A homebuyer education course is required.
Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP)
Provides mortgage assistance for income-eligible first-time home buyers within the City of Fort Worth.
Qualifying home buyers can receive a subsidy of up to $14,999 for homes located in Fort Worth. The buyer can use the full $14,999 subsidy for mortgage assistance or use $3,000 of this amount for closing costs and/or down payment.
Loans & Down Payment Assistance
TSAHC provides mortgage loans and down payment assistance grants to eligible home buyers through the following programs:
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: for teachers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, police and correctional officers, and veterans. - Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: for Texas home buyers with low and moderate incomes.
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan, several rates and loan options available
- Down payment assistance (DPA) 3% to 5% of the loan amount
- You do not have to be a first-time homebuyer
- Not required to live in the home for any set period of time
- DPA is a gift that never needs to be repaid
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
First-time buyers can also apply for a Mortgage Credit Certificate.
Along with the above listed assistance programs, some New Home Builders also provide additional support to new home buyers.
Please contact me for additional information regarding these programs. I can also provide a list of recommended lenders that can review your specific financial requirements and direct you to the right program to meet your needs